Social Enterprises are becoming more and more prevalent in society, but, is it a myth that social enterprises have to prioritise their social cause over profits for the owners? Or can the business do both? What even is a social enterprise?!
- Thanks to a new Strategic Partnership with the City of Ballarat, RunwayHQ are proud to be offering their Get READY, Get SET, GROW (RSG) program that has been slightly modified to cater for those new or existing businesses who are considering the social enterprise route.
- Up to 15 businesses will participate in RunwayHQ’s Ready Set Grow (RSG) business resilience and growth program, running between August and October this year.
- Applications are now open to all businesses operating in Ballarat, be it new or existing, thinking of going down the social enterprise route
- Fully funded by City of Ballarat
Based from the Surf Coast to the Goldfields, with spaces in both Ballarat and Geelong, RunwayHQ is a not-for-profit with national and international reach. It specialises in helping people learn and apply the skills and techniques used by successful startup and scaleup businesses all over the world.
Clever and creative communities are crucial for a vibrant and resilient economic future in Ballarat, and together the City of Ballarat and Runway are backing them with support to help them reach their full potential.
The three stages of the program are:
- Get Ready: One half-day workshop (in person workshop). We will have Social Enterprise experts on hand to run through a diagnostic with the participants, explain what a social enterprise is, pros/cons
- Get Set: 15 hours over 2 weeks (mix of online and in person). Setting up the foundations for a social enterprise and clarifying market desirability whilst Validating the social mission
- Grow: Completed over two to three months progressively working on the business (mix of online and in person). Giving participants a business model and operating model for their social enterprise
“This is a highly practical and applied program where you will work on your business in real time, delivered via online content presented in Open Learning and small facilitated group sessions in person and on Zoom.” Linda Wong, RunwayHQ Managing Director
For more information about the program including testimonials, and specific session dates and times:
- Apply online HERE
- Further information here
- Attend an online information session https://runwayhq.co/events/
- Email email@example.com for assistance or any questions
The City of Ballarat is now calling for applications from businesses wanting to participate. Up to 15 fully subsidised places are available.